EARLY YEARS – FOUNDATION STAGE 1 AND 2
THE BEGINNING OF A WONDERFUL ACADEMIC JOURNEY
The Foundation Stage at Horizon International provides young children with the best possible start in life and the right kind of support they need to fulfil their potential. Here, children experience a safe, warm and happy environment where they can thrive. Our teachers focus on a student-centric approach, giving children the opportunity to learn through play. This helps them develop their language skills, emotions, creativity, and social as well as intellectual skills.
FS1 and FS2 is where learning is constantly developed through play-based activities and shared learning zones. Here, children;
- Learn and explore new concepts with their classmates, in a happy and safe environment.
- Experience a sense of belonging and community feeling.
- Participate in activities that ensure a balanced education.
We believe that parents need to be actively involved in a child’s progress during these formative years. Our Foundation Stage curriculum is designed in a way that our youngest learners and their parents make the most out of these special years.
We also invite parents to be a part of the learning in class during our Fortnightly Stays and Morning Learning Sessions, followed by a morning coffee with the School Leadership Team and other parents. It is this commitment towards building a positive relationship with parents that has made us one of the most preferred schools amongst families.
Our goal for the Early Years education is to:
- Nurture the creativity and imagination of every child.
- Help children develop confidence and form long-lasting relationships with others.
- Encourage children to question and solve problems through observation and experimentation.
- Provide a safe, friendly, happy environment for children to grow.
- Value each child’s unique abilities and give each child individual attention.
- To instil in children the values of social, cultural and religious acceptance.